Saturday, June 24, 2006

Illustration Friday: RAIN


Click on image for actual size

I've never been a fan of rainy days. They're the type that make you seek comfort. Unfortuneatly for this little girl, there is no comfort without her beloved Mimi.

*Oddly enough I am neither a fan of rainy days nor cats-- strange of me to draw such a sad girl missing her cat. Once, while in elementary school I joined a winter art program in which I wrote and illustrated a story called "The case of the missing cat"-- I must have been around 7-8 years old. This morning my mother made the excellent point of saying I am only fond of cats when they go missing. hah! Forgive me cat lovers

9 Comments:

Blogger marcisenders said...

Cute!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Hana said...

How sad.... I hope she finds Mimi.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh so sad, but great illo :)

9:17 AM  
Blogger claudine hellmuth said...

awww sweet and sad!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Oh so sad!! great illo!

4:03 PM  
Blogger ° said...

poor lil girl her expression really makes fel for her loss. great illo

9:10 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

cool illustrations!

I have to say tho.. i love rainy days. they make the whole world go quiet. yeh.. rain rocks :D

cats however, look good, but dont compare to dogs haha

2:25 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

oh poor thing!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Da Ghost Prod said...

So cute and so sad, there's a real expression on your work (i try to find Mimi ;) Great line work

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home